It’s no secret that Alabama restaurants serve some of the nation’s best food, but their outstanding wine selections also deserve a toast.
Birmingham’s Hot and Hot Fish Club has been named by Wine Enthusiast Magazine as one of America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants of 2012. Hot and Hot won kudos for its versatile wine list, which complements the ever-changing menu. View the full list of 100 Best Wine Restaurants here.
Additionally, Wine Spectator recently honored an array of Alabama locales. More than a dozen restaurants were recipients of 2012 Restaurant Wine List Awards. Alabama winners include:
- 360 Grille, Florence
- Cobalt Restaurant, Orange Beach
- Cosmo’s Restaurant & Bar, Orange Beach
- Cotton Row Restaurant, Huntsville
- James Steakhouse, Huntsville
- Jimmy’s, Opelika
- Maestro 2300, Auburn
- Ocean, Birmingham
- Springhouse, Alexander City
- Sunset Cork Room, Gulf Shores
- The Trellis Room, Mobile
- Twenty Six, Birmingham
- Veranda on Highland, Birmingham
- Villaggio Grille, Orange Beach
- The Warehouse Bistro, Opelika
The complete list will be featured in the Aug. 31 issue of Wine Spectator. In the meantime, you can view the winners, along with details about their wine selections, on the Wine Spectator website.
The views expressed here are those of the author.