As we reach the end of Round 1 in The Year of Alabama Food’s Alabama BBQ Bracket, it’s clear that this is one red-hot competition! Big thanks to the thousands of voters who have turned out on Facebook.com/AlabamaFood to support their favorite barbecue establishments across the state.
Now it’s time to kick off Round 2, where things will be moving even faster. You’ll definitely want to check in often to make sure you get a chance to vote in each smokehouse showdown.
We will be posting four match-ups a day on Thursday, March 21, and Monday, March 25. Each match-up between two restaurants will be open for 48 hours for voting. Winners will move on to the coveted third round and be that much closer to being named Alabama’s best barbecue restaurant.
All voting takes place at Facebook.com/AlabamaFood, so be sure to Like our page to stay up to date.
Below is the schedule for each 48-hour match-up in Round 2:
Thursday, March 21
- North: Big Bob Gibson vs. New Market BBQ (Winner: Big Bob Gibson – Final Score: 1,414 to 948)
- South: Mike & Ed’s vs. Lannie’s (Winner: Lannie’s - Final Score: 850 to 717)
- Central: Jim ’N Nick’s vs. Full Moon (Winner: Jim ‘N Nick’s - Final Score: 1,563 to 1,192)
- Gulf: The Brick Pit vs. L.A. BBQ (Winner: L.A. BBQ - Final Score: 603 to 568)
Monday, March 25
- North: LawLers vs. Bunyan’s BBQ (Winner: LawLers - Final Score: 913 to 572)
- South: Sam’s BBQ vs. Byron’s Smokehouse (Winner: Sam’s BBQ - Final Score: 694 to 461)
- Central: Dreamland vs. Rusty’s BBQ (Winner: Dreamland- Final Score: 2,236 to 2,175)
- Gulf: Down South vs. The Shed (Winner: The Shed- Final Score: 586 to 294)
We’ll be updating this post with match-up and winner information, so check back here or visit Facebook.com/AlabamaFood for updates!
The views expressed here are those of the author.